Hotel Le Meridien, New Delhi, 30th March, 2015
One day “Pragati- Celebrating Achievements of Women-Gender Diversity: From token to real” was organized by AIMA on 30th March, 2015 at Hotel Le Meridien, New Delhi in order to celebrating achievements of women. It was AIMA’s third national meet.
The Objectives of the programme –
- To get familiar with women rights.
- To understand the root causes of gender diversity.
The event was inaugurated by Ms Khushboo Sundsr, Actor, Producer & Politician and welcome address was given by Ms Rekha Sethi, Director General, AIMA. Ms. Veena Swarup, Chairperson, Director –HR, EIL gave keynote address. Ms Seema Singh, ED, Bhartiya Mahila Bank shared her views on the topic.
Ms Khushboo Sunder, Actor, Producer & Politician, emphasized on the following points on gender diversity-
- Everyone should change the mindset towards women.
- We should create a positive environment around society, which should start from home.
- Women should take part in various activities whenever given an opportunity and enjoy life.
- She also focused on women should not regret being woman.
Eminent speakers like Mr P. Dwarkanath, Advisor, Group Human Capital, Max India Ltd, Mr Ashwini Singla, MD & Chief Executive, Penn Schoen Berland South Asia Pvt. Ltd,, Ms Sonia Srivastava, Head- CSR, South Asia, Intel, Ms Vani Gupta, Marketing Director, Pepsico India had presented their opinions on the topic. The session was fruitful and knowledgeable.
Faculties and Students from PGDM, MBA, BBA and Engineering participated in the event.
The participation provided great exposure to faculties and students. Specifically, students got familiar with corporate culture and understood the rights of their own.. Students also echoed such kind of event in the future.